Physical Therapist II- MICU
Requisition #: 191390
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Aug. 15, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
We are seeking an experienced Physical Therapist to provide support for the clinical care Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) and quality improvement projects related to early rehabilitation and hospital-wide mobility. The PT II works under the direct supervision of the Rehabilitation Therapy Services leadership team. The position provides care on the MICU using objective evaluation techniques to assess the physical limitations and medical condition of patients, prescribing and implementing a treatment program which is designed to return patients to their maximum level of function and working collaboratively with all members of the multidisciplinary health care team to maximize patient and team outcomes. In addition, the position works with academic partners in MICU and the Activity and Mobility Promotion team to support current quality improvement and research projects, as well as develop and implement new projects and disseminate results both internal and external to the organization.
- Uses objective evaluation techniques to assess the physical limitations and medical condition of patients
- Prescribes and implements a treatment program which is designed to return patients to their maximum level of function
- Work collaboratively with all members of the multidisciplinary health care team to maximize patient and team outcomes
- Promotes improvement in service, department and hospital systems to benefit patient care
- Incorporates and operationalizes the goals and objectives of the Hospital at the site of care
- Mentors others to promote quality and excellence of care
Full-Time, Day Shift, 40 hours per week, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., weekend work required
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- At least 18 months of experience as a licensed Physical Therapist. ICU and participation in quality improvement projects preferred
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science, Master’s Degree or Doctorate in Physical Therapy from an accredited academic program.
- Knowledge of Physical Therapy foundation and theory, evaluation and treatment techniques, research and application, leadership and management as required by the academic program.
- Licensure from the State of Maryland, Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
- Women’s Pelvic Health Certification Strongly preferred.
- Current AHA Health Care Provider CPR certification.
"Johns Hopkins Hospital is a Smoke Free Campus"
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.