Physician Assistant - General Surgery
Requisition #: 196992
Location: Suburban Hospital, Bethesda, MD 20810
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Oct. 8, 2019
The Surgical Physician Assistant / Surgical PA will work within the Operating Room, which features 11 fully equipped surgical rooms, including two open heart suites, a cystoscopy suite, and a dedicated ophthalmology suite.
- First Assist in General Surgery, Orthopedic, Neurosurgery, Orthopedic Spine, ENT, Plastic Surgery, Urology, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery cases
- Performs post-operative rounds on surgical patients
- Performs history and physicals on surgical patients
- Full Time, 40hrs per week
- Working two 12hr shifts and two 8hr shifts per week
- Days (7a - 7:30p) and Nights (7p - 7:30a) are available
- Current Maryland State license from Maryland Board of Physicians
- Current certification by the NCCPA
- ACLS and BLS certifications
- Successful completion of Physician Assistant program which is accredited by the American Medical Assoc.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.