Physician Assistant - Surgery
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Advanced Practice Providers
- Day Shift
Johns Hopkins Hospital is a world-renowned healthcare institution committed to excellence in patient care, research, and education. Our Surgical Department is at the forefront of cancer treatment, offering cutting-edge surgical interventions and compassionate care to our patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Surgical Physician Assistant to join our Surgical team at Johns Hopkins Hospital. In this role, you will work closely with our team of expert surgeons and oncologists to provide exceptional care to our cancer patients. Your primary responsibilities will include assisting in surgeries, managing pre- and post-operative care, and collaborating with the healthcare team to ensure the best possible outcomes for our patients.
- Assist in surgical procedures, including resections, tumor removals, and reconstructive surgeries.
- Conduct thorough pre-operative assessments and develop patient care plans.
- Provide post-operative care, monitor patient progress, and manage complications as necessary.
- Collaborate with surgeons, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to optimize patient care.
- Educate patients and their families on surgical procedures, recovery, and follow-up care.
- Participate in multidisciplinary tumor boards and treatment planning meetings.
- Contribute to research initiatives and clinical trials related to cancer treatment.
- Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Current state licensure as a Physician Assistant.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Previous experience in surgical or oncology settings preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Commitment to providing compassionate care to cancer patients.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Access to cutting-edge technology and research resources.
- On-site childcare and wellness programs.
- Collaboration with world-renowned experts in the field of oncology.