Physician Coding Specialist I- REMOTE
Requisition #: 510563
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: April 12, 2022
This position is responsible for reviewing, interpreting, and documenting information from the medical record and assigning correct code(s) utilizing CPT and diagnosis codes for physician services. Assists Professional Billing clients to organize and perform chart documentation audits as requested, and helps handle coding review requests for Billing and Collection activities.
Work Hours: Day Shift 8:00am-4:30pm/ Full-time
Work Location: REMOTE- Candidates must be in the following locations: Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C., Pennsylvania, Florida and Delaware
- A minimum of a High School diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement
- 2 years of multispecialty physician coding experience required
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder) or CCA (Certified Coding Associate) or CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist Physician) required
- Ability to understand medical, billing and coding terminology
- Ability to perform basic math functions
- Proficient computer keyboard and data entry skills, ability to navigate within multiple computer systems. Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.