Physician Coding Specialist I-REMOTE
Requisition #: 613804
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Nov. 21, 2022
This position is responsible for reviewing, interpreting, and documenting information from the medical record and assigning correct universal medical alphanumeric CPT, diagnoses code(s) and modifiers for physician services. Supports JHACH overall Revenue Cycle Management processes, assists Professional Billing clients to organize and perform chart documentation audits as requested, and helps handle coding review requests for Billing and Collection activities to produce successful outcomes.
Work Hours: Day Shift 8:00am-4:30pm/ Full-time
Work Location: REMOTE- Applicants must live in the following locations only - Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C., Pennsylvania, Florida and Delaware
• A minimum of a High School diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement
• 2 years of multispecialty physician coding experience required • CPC (Certified Professional Coder) or CCA (Certified Coding Associate) or CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist Physician) required
• Ability to understand medical, billing and coding terminology and interpret, analyze and abstract data/documentation
• Ability to perform basic math functions and operate basic office equipment (photo copier, fax machine, scanner, PC, telephone, etc.)
• Familiarity with Medicaid, CMS and Medicare guidelines and rules (i.e. LCD/NCD, CCI, Medical Necessity, and ABN) • EPIC experience preferred
• Understanding of third-party payer issues experience preferred
• Proficient computer keyboard and data entry skills, ability to navigate within multiple computer systems.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
• Ability to prioritize workload and work effectively in a remote environment and cross-functional teamoriented setting
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.