- Requisition #:
- Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
- Support Services (Services/Trades)
- Day Shift
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Howard County General Hospital has an immediate opportunity for a Journeyman Plumber. We offer competitive pay, oustanding benefits and stable/consistent work at a single location.
The Plumber is responsible to ensure that plumbing systems within the Hospital are maintained. This is a skilled craft position, requiring journeyman level or higher proficiency. Requires mental and visual alertness. Job requires adherence to precise procedures and standards involving a high degree of accuracy. The position requires internal contacts outside the work group to resolve mutual problems and to collaborate on work procedures. Responsibilities include ensuring that satisfaction and service with internal contacts is maintained.
1. Develops and maintains a preventive maintenance program that includes but is not limited to:
• All piping in the Hospital campus, hot and cold water, sanitary sewer, and storm drains.
• All water-controlled fixtures such as faucets, fountains, showers, sinks, and toilets, hot water heaters, and garbage disposals.
• All medical gas systems from the source to patient room outlets.
2. Sets up periodic cleaning or pumping of kitchen drains, kitchen grease pit, plaster trap in E.R., and all storm drains.
3. Oversees all outside plumbing related contractors, purchase of plumbing supplies, and inventory of supplies.
4. Repairs or installations of fixtures and faucets, piping, supply and waste, sprinklers, and medical gas systems.
5. Familiarity with building codes as they pertain to plumbing, appropriate supplies and fixtures; all tools required to do plumbing repair or installation, and must be able to read blueprints.
6. Responsible for metal work repair to include welding, brazing, and silver soldering as needed.
7. Must be able to operate oxyacetylene cutting torches and equipment.
8. Performs related work in this classification routinely and works outside this class on a temporary occasional basis.
9. Maintains and repairs heat and cooling systems.
10. Maintains and repairs air handlers (coils, motors, belts, and pulleys), fans, and ducts.
11. Installs and maintains filtration systems for ice machines and MRI equipment.
12. Responsible on a rotating basis for answering the daily trouble and emergency calls that are dispatched through the Maintenance office.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Maryland Journeyman's Plumbing License
- 6am to 2:30pm. Some on call work required.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.