Polysomnographic Technologist II $5000 Sign On Bonus
Requisition #: 542225
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Night Shift
Work Week: Part Time (30 - 39)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 9, 2022
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
$5000 Sign On Bonus
The Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) II’s purpose is to provide quality sleep medicine care to our patients, including routine and complex procedures, using a wide variety of techniques and equipment. Possesses the ability to provide quality care and are accountable for maintaining all skills and knowledge necessary to provide safe, effective and developmentally appropriate sleep medicine care to all ages of patients from neonate to adolescent. Along with other members of the care team, is responsible for patient outcomes that meet the high standards of care provided by JHACH.
1. Assesses patients’ clinical status, evaluates progress toward goals, and recommends courses of action to provide quality sleep studies and CPAP operation
2. Analyzes critical situations and applies appropriate judgement and critical thinking for problem resolution to care for patients quickly and safely
3. Updates patient EMR, completes paperwork as required, takes medical history and vital signs, completes initial medication reconciliation and prepares patients for examination to facilitate patient flow in clinic
4. Accurately and reliably interprets and communicates patient results to facilitate patient care plans
5. Interacts with and explains therapeutic modalities to patients, families and the interdisciplinary team in an understandable manner based on learning styles and individual diversity to provide patient centered care
6. Provides coverage at the Johns Hopkins All Children’s Outpatient Care Centers to provide care for patients in their community
7. Presents sleep educational offerings to the sleep center staff to encourage peer growth
8. Serves as a mentor to RPSGT staff to provide engaging working relationships
9. Serves as a resource for clinical problem solving, equipment and workflow processes for Sleep Center team members to ensure clinic efficient, quality operations
• A minimum of a High School diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement.
• Current Registered Sleep technologist (RPSGT) credential by the Board for Polysomnographic technologist (BRPT)
• 2 years of experience in sleep technology
• Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association
Johns Hopkins Medicine.