Primary Care Physician (Washington, D.C.)
Requisition #: 184498
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20001
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Sept. 5, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
GENERAL SUMMARY: We are a robust, adult primary care practice within Johns Hopkins Sibley Memorial Hospital. We are seeking motivated, energetic, and compassionate full or part-time family/internal medicine physicians to expand our practice. Our unique practice structure is committed to high-quality care for patients as well as to “joy in medicine” for providers. We allot 30 minutes for follow-up appointments to ensure comprehensive acute, preventive and wellness needs are met. Our practice is embedded within a multispecialty Johns Hopkins practice and on the Sibley Memorial Hospital campus, allowing for ease of care coordination and delivery of excellent patient care. Johns Hopkins Sibley Memorial Hospital benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Malpractice coverage
- CME reimbursement
- Paid time off
- On-site gym and wellness activities
- And more!
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathy, with a certified degree, and additional training in Internal Medicine, Primary Care Medicine, or Family Practice.
- Current licensure to practice medicine in the District of Columbia.
- Board certification in an appropriate specialty on employment, or board eligibility, and completion of a certification exam within (1) year of employment.
- At least (2) years’ experience in Internal Medicine or related specialized area.
- Membership and active participation in professional organizations.
Sibley Memorial Hospital provides a smoke-free workplace.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.