PRN First Class Engineer
Requisition #: 188277
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20001
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: July 9, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The First class engineer will perform all necessary functions in the operation and preventative maintenance of all heating boilers, cooling chillers, cooling tower, ventilation, and all related equipment, to include chemical testing and treatment of chilled water systems and boiler feedwater and steam systems.
Work Location: Washington D.C.
PRN Rotating Shift
1. High School graduate or G.E.D. Certificate preferred or with equivalent combination of training and experience is necessary.
2. Minimum of four (4) years of training experience in the field operating a high level pressure steam plant. Prefer high-pressure experience in a hospital situation.
3. Licensure: must be licensed in the District of Columbia as a First Class Engineer.
4. Ability to effectively communicate verbally (in English) and document (in written English) all daily activities associated with the safe operations and maintenance of the Plant.
5. Knowledge of small tools and safe handling practices associated with repair and maintenance of Plant equipment.
6. Ability to work with little or no supervision.
7. Knowledge and ability to handle any and all emergency situations and equipment breakdown, malfunction or failure.
8. Must be able to effectively reach all engineering equipment in case of an emergency and for day-to-day operations and maintenance.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Sibley Memorial Hospital provides a smoke-free workplace.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.