PRN Senior Sonographer I -GYN/OB
Requisition #: 181330
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: March 19, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Under the general supervision of the Chief imaging Technologist and with the assistance of a physician, performs a more extensive range of diagnostic ultrasound and intervention procedures, assists in the training and supervising of ultrasound Sonographers, in clinical research studies and orients and educates medical staff in theory and applications of sonographic technology.
Day Shift, PRN
Pay Grade: CN
High School diploma or equivalent and successful completion of an approved curriculum in diagnostic ultrasound.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology as related to Obstetrical ultrasound
- Requires a thorough knowledge of OB/GYN ultrasound protocols
- Requires a thorough knowledge of the principles of first trimester screening, three- and four-dimensional imaging, and obstetric Doppler studies.
- Knowledge of the principles of fetal echocardiography
- Ability to provide ultrasound guidance for basic invasive procedures and demonstrate proficiency in three- and four-dimensional imaging and obstetrical Doppler studies.
- Ability to use all necessary equipment to obtain and document a complete examination.
- Ability to perform sonography and measurements required for a diagnostic sonography examination.
- Requires interpersonal and communication skills to interact with interpreting physicians, medical staff,patients, visitors and other employees.
- Current and active registered diagnostic medical sonographer (RDMS) in obstetrics. Certified in first trimester screening with both the Fetal Medicine Foundation (FMF) and the Nuchal Translucency Quality Review (NTQR).
Work experience: At least three (3) years of clinical experience in diagnostic obstetrical ultrasound.
Equipment: Various models and manufacturers of diagnostic sonography equipment, recording and storage devices, computers, accessory equipment and other pertinent equipment essential to the department.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.