Professional Engineer II
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Non-Clinical Professional
- Day Shift
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Plans, designs, prepares and reviews engineering construction documents relating to additions, alterations and renovations. Performs design effort and provides technical expertise related to employee’s discipline of training as an electrical engineer, under the general supervision of the Design Manager. This sequence of job titles is structured to reflect an employee’s increasing professional capabilities in the field of engineering including increasing competence in evaluating specialized project needs and incorporating them into the goals of JHM.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline of engineering is preferred in the first and second levels of this job title while a Master's degree is preferred for the highest level. This preference may be waived in accordance with schedule provided with item E, Work Experience.
Current, valid professional registration as Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Maryland.
Required Work Experience:
Related work experience in design of electrical systems for buildings in accordance with the following schedule and with increasing senior level organizational and business responsibilities:
Bachelor's Degree - 6 yrs engineering design
Associate's Degree - 10 yrs engineering design
High School Diploma - 16 yrs engineering design
Plus four (4) years contemporary experience in the design of medical facilities, research laboratories or similar such building projects; alternatively, consistent with the needs of JHM, four (4) years contemporary experience in the design of power and energy producing plants and distribution systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of construction methods and equipment installation/inspection.
- Foundation and current knowledge of design, construction, engineering and maintenance fields and governmental regulations and codes, generally and as applicable to employee’s discipline.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications (PC- and network-based), including Windows, departmental e-mail, word processing, database, spreadsheet, project management, presentation and CADD packages.
- Proficient written and verbal English communication skills, on a college graduate level.
- Applies and integrates knowledge indicated herein.
- High level of ability to solve problems and manage information indicated herein. Ability to use equipment indicated herein.
- Ability to plan, research, analyze, coordinate, implement and present project requirements.
- Ability to generate clear design direction and convey the same to Engineers, Senior Engineering Designers, Engineering Designers, and Drafters.
- Interacts professionally with JHM/departmental staff as well as contractor’s, manufacturers, vendors and consultants.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.