Business Intelligence Report Developer
Requisition #: 273703
Location: Johns Hopkins Health Care, Hanover, MD 21076
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Nov. 4, 2020
Johns Hopkins HealthCare (JHHC) is the managed care and health services business of Johns Hopkins Medicine, one of the premier health delivery, academic, and research institutions in the United States. JHHC is a $2.5B business serving over 400,000 lives with lines of business in Medicaid, Medicare, commercial, military health, health solutions, and venture investments. JHHC has become a leader in provider-sponsored health plans and is poised for future growth.
Many organizations talk about transforming the future of healthcare, Johns Hopkins HealthCare is actually doing it. We develop innovative, analytics-driven health programs in collaboration with provider partners to drive improved quality and better health outcomes for the members and communities we serve. If you are interested in improving how healthcare is delivered, join the JHHC team.
The role will report to the Director of Business Intelligence and will be responsible for supporting the data delivery and reporting for Johns Hopkins Healthcare using various reporting tools such as SSRS, SSIS and Tableau. The report developer/analyst role partners with all aspects of the business to facilitate the Enterprise Business Intelligence initiatives.
Reporting New Delivery (~60%)
Creating reports, data extracts, dashboards, and ad hoc reports, primarily using SSRS, SSIS and SSAS and Tableau with understanding of healthcare data and data sources. Gathering and translating reporting business requirements to technical requirements. Providing context analysis and suggestions to the user community during the requirement gathering process.
Process Improvement (~20%)
Review reporting processes and reports with a goal of improving performance, reliability, accuracy, and scalability. Assist business partners with basic reporting questions and understanding of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
Production Support (~20%)
Triaging and resolving production issues with reports, extracts, and dashboards. Working with the business partners to understand the issue and determine the root cause. Work with business partners to resolve data quality issues. Participate in the QA process of other reports, extracts and dashboards.
- Experience with developing reports using multiple Business Intelligence tools and applications – 3 or more years of experience.
- Strong SQL writing skills - 3 or more years of experience.
- Experience with highly complex reporting solutions as acquired during 3 years related experience.
- Previous experience in a health care setting is preferred.
- Understanding of SQL Server relational databases.
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple project assignments, interact effectively with customers, and the ability to lead others.
- Ability to work with others within the department, company, and other divisions; must be able to interact effectively with the leadership team.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills and must be an objective, fact-based decision maker.
- BS degree in computer sciences, software design, engineering, information systems, related field or comparable years of experience
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.