Project Leader: Project Management
Requisition #: 167955
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: April 24, 2018
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
General Position Summary:
The Project Leader: Project Management (PL:PM) expert applies professional principles, practices, and techniques to lead project teams and control project scope, schedule, cost, quality and performance risks to ensure satisfied customers. This role has ultimate responsibility for all assigned projects and manages customer satisfaction, definition, planning, monitoring, and others aspects of a project.
This position reports to the Senior Director, or their designee, who will assign projects. The position will be matrix managed with one or more directors or managers who need a project manager for specific projects. This PL:PM will manage multiple projects and lead a diverse staff in a variety of environments. Projects can span an entire department, division, or the entire enterprise. Projects may be clinical, financial, or administrative in nature. Projects could include multiple interfaces and can be simple or complex. This position will interface with senior level IT management, department heads, JHM personnel, vendors, and consultants.
- This position will be responsible for security review and of systems within Johns Hopkins Medicine. This includes the review and tracking of the security of Medical Devices, System and Application Vulnerability and Security reviews, Application Risk Assessments, project management of Privileged Access Management solutions and manage the tuning of security on the Segmentation Firewall.
- This position is critical for identifying at risk IT systems for Johns Hopkins Medicine and work on plans to remediate Critical, High and Medium issues across Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- This position will primarily work with IT personnel in the following areas: IT Security, IT Client and Server Administrators, IT Applications and Project Leaders. This position requires a great deal of interaction with the stakeholders of these applications and systems.
- This position will support security projects for Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- Projects will be extremely complex and varied in nature and also requires the ability to balance the demands of multiple projects.
- The scale is “big-E” Enterprise. All Hopkins Medicine affiliates, including international locales. Users: 100,000+, Systems: 100,000+
- Complexity is at the highest.
- Works independently and frequently oversees work of others. Has a wide range of technical autonomy and is responsible for meeting deliverables without supervision. May provide leadership responsibilities as they relate to individual projects, issues, problems, or system environmental changes. Innovation is expected.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Additional experience may be substituted for education
- PMP certification
Six years of related work experience with computer systems and applications. Additional education may substitute for experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Familiar with healthcare vertical
- Knowledge of HL7
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Must possess all requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities as posted in the supplemental section.
- Must demonstrate strong critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the service of users and colleagues.
- Ability to delegate tasks.
- Ability influences others and garner buy in.
- Ability to build effective teams to execute projects.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Write and communicate clearly and concisely.
- Possesses sound documentation skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and meet work schedules within limited time frames and under tight deadlines.
- Willingness to work off hours.
- Proven success on meeting project deadlines and timelines.
- Participates in the specification, design, implementation, and management of multiple projects
- Strong technical skills.
- Strong ability to understand complex business processes.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.