Provider Maintenance Specialist
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Health Care, Hanover, MD 21076
- Non-Clinical Professional
Who you are:
As a Provider Maintenance Specialist for Johns Hopkins HealthCare, you are the first stop in maintaining the provider database. You are a person who thrives on details and has the organizational skills needed to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines with ability to self-manage a demanding workload. You are also a great team player who is able to communicate effectively with others. You enjoy getting things done, knowing you are supporting both the Provider Maintenance department and the bigger picture of Johns Hopkins HealthCare.
This role requires you to work in office 1-2 days per week in Hanover, MD.
What you’ll do:
- Process all provider initial applications, re-credentialing applications, B&L forms, enrollment requests, pricing set- ups, claims, and other specialized provider information accurately and timely into Vistar, Healthsuite, and DHMH.
- Responsible for the administrative duties in the Provider Maintenance Department including processing return mail.
- Initiate outgoing calls to providers when necessary.
- Assist with various projects and database testing.
- Consistently meet monthly production goals and QA standards of the Company.
What you’ll bring:
- 1+ years’ of experience in a managed care environment or in a general health care office.
- High school diploma or equivalent. An AA Degree is preferred.
- Requires a professional level of knowledge of general office practices, managed care policies and procedures
- Must possess above average PC skills, including spreadsheets, databases, and scanners with exceptional accuracy and efficiency.
Who we are:
Johns Hopkins HealthCare (JHHC) is the managed care and health services business of Johns Hopkins Medicine. JHHC is a $3B business serving over 500,000 active members with lines of business in Medicaid, Medicare, commercial, military health, health solutions, and venture investments. JHHC is a leader in provider-sponsored health plans and is poised for future growth.
Many organizations talk about transforming the future of healthcare, at Johns Hopkins HealthCare, we are setting the pace for change within the healthcare industry. We develop innovative, analytics-driven health programs in collaboration with provider partners to drive improved quality and better health outcomes for our members and the communities we serve. If you are interested in improving how healthcare is delivered, and have a passion to be at the forefront of change, JHHC is the place to call home.
Please note: US citizenship is required for this position as it falls under the terms of a government contract (to ensure compliance with DODPSP).
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.