Quality Specialist, Patient Safety and Quality Improvement
Requisition #: 186477
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20001
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: May 21, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Director of Patient Safety and Quality Improvement, assists to facilitate the coordination of Quality/Performance Improvement and Regulatory Compliance at Sibley Memorial Hospital. Works in conjunction with the Vice President for Patient Safety, Quality, and Medical Staff Affairs and the Director of Patient Safety and Quality Improvement to facilitate the coordination, collection, and analysis of process and outcome data. Coordinates and performs studies covering patient care processes, process improvement, and regulatory requirements. Serves as a team leader on the Survey Readiness Committee and serves on other committees as assigned. Works to ensure Sibley Memorial Hospital meets all regulatory requirements for Quality/Performance Improvement and ORYX/Core Measure data submission to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS} and Joint Commission.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- A Registered Nurse or Allied Health Professional with a minimum (5) years hospital experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience working in Quality Improvement and Regulatory Compliance.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Business or other Allied Healthcare degree from an accredited college or university, preferred. A minimum of four (4) years hospital experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience working in Quality Improvement and Regulatory Compliance. Masters Degree is preferred.
- CPHQ Certification is a plus.
- Professional Affiliations Desired:
- Association for Healthcare Accreditation Professionals (AHAP).
- National Association of Healthcare Quality (NAHQ).
Sibley Memorial Hospital provides a smoke-free workplace.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.