Radiation Oncology Nurse Manager
Requisition #: 329803
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20001
Category: Nursing Management/Leadership
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 or 36 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Feb. 9, 2021
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Nurse Manager, Radiation Oncology provides daily leadership to the radiation oncology nurses and ensures direct communication with department operational leadership. This role functions as the point person for other staff, including providers, to manage patient flow and care delivery within the clinic.
The Radiation Oncology Nurse Manager is familiar with evidenced-based nursing practice relevant to general nursing and oncology specific nursing. This role establishes individualized outcomes measures for each patient’s care and coordinates care to maximize desirable outcomes, patient satisfaction, and cost effective utilization of available personnel and resources. The Nurse Manager is responsible for the quality of care provided to patients and the processes that lead to continuous performance improvement. The Radiation Oncology Nurse Manager also serves as a representative of the radiation oncology department to the other departments and is a clinical role model in all interactions with patients, families, visitors, physicians, colleagues, and other staff members. The manager works with members of administration, physicians and other members of the multi-disciplinary staff to assure that lines of communication are open and processes for quality patient care and problem resolution are in place.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in hospital nursing with demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Outpatient oncology experience preferred.
- Certification as an Oncology Certified Nurse required; may earn certification within 9 months of accepting the position.
- Beginning level management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of leadership principles and demonstrated skills in area of practice.
- Current CPR Certification required. PALS and/or ACLS preferred.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.