Radiation Oncology Nurse PRN
Requisition #: 286763
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20001
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Sept. 18, 2020
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Radiation Oncology Nurse provides quality nursing care to the patients in Radiation Oncology. The Radiation Oncology Nurse assesses, plans, implements, documents, and evaluates patient clinical and psychosocial needs and responses to therapeutic procedures. The Radiation Oncology Nurse provides education and psychosocial support to patients and families.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Registered Nurse licensed in the District of Columbia.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or enrolled in a BSN program within 1 year of hire. Must complete BSN program within 2 years of enrolling.
- At least one year experience in Radiation Oncology or one year experience in Oncology preferred, but will consider other experience.
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) preferred. Must be OCN within 18 months of hire unless an extension by the nurse manager or designated leader
- Current CPR Certification required.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.