- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Washington, DC 20001
- Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, DC is hiring for Radiation Therapists.
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Prepares and applies ionizing radiation to the patient in accordance with the prescription and instruction of the Radiation Oncologist and under the general supervision of the Manager and Lead Therapist. Operates all Radiation Oncology related equipment, i.e. CT simulator, linear accelerator, QA dosimeters, diode system, and various computer equipment.
- Accurately delivers the prescribed planned course of radiation therapy according to department protocols.
- Verbal and visual confirmation of patient's identification.
- Reads and reviews treatment chart prior to treatments to confirm diagnosis, area, energy, technique, daily dose, total dose and beam modifiers.
- Verbally explains treatment procedure to patient.
- Prepares treatment room and necessary equipment.
- Maintains visual and oral communication via closed circuit T.V. and intercom system while patient is undergoing treatment.
- Maintains written radiation therapy treatment records in an accurate and legible manner.
- Interviews patients for history pertaining to IV contrast administration.
- Provides radiation protection to patient, staff and self according to prescribed radiation safety standards.
- ARRT certification required
- BLS certification required
- Working knowledge of all radiological equipment in the Radiation Oncology Department. Functional knowledge of, linear accelerators, CT simulator, computer equipment, printers, various radiation dosimeters, diode system, automatic film processors.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.