Radiology Technical Assistant (Part-Time)
Requisition #: 188412
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Part Time (30 - 39)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 21, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital located in St. Petersburg, FL, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay our main campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
We are committed to cultivating, nurturing and hiring the best talent for our organization and believe every person makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families. As you’ll see, we take our work and our fun very seriously. We think you're going to love it here.
Assists the radiology technologist in performance of diagnostic and fluoroscopic imaging exams to include direct patient care.
***The hours for this position are: Saturday 8a-8:30p, Sunday 8:00a-8:30p, and Wednesday 10:30p-7:00a.***
- Adheres to radiology specific policies in regards to patient safety which are established by the Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital, regulatory, and accreditation governing bodies
- Maintains required levels of education which pertain to clinical, family, and patient centered care
- Completes Cerner documentation functions in order to assist technologist in completing exams
- Maintains productivity by triaging patient flow and delegating tasks to the technologist.
- Performs OPMS-speech studies and assists technologist with various exams
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 year experience in a medical field using medical terminology
- Knowledge of human anatomy
- Knowledge and accuracy of computer input
- Pediatric and Adult CPR certification through American Heart Association
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of Fifty (50) pounds without assistance
- __X__ Category 1: Job classification is exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
Portable exposure to radiation and communicable disease is minimal using reasonable and approved precautions set forth by hospital policy
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.