Radiology Technician - PRN
Requisition #: 2543
Location: Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Nottingham, MD 21236
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Week: Temporary Per Diem
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: July 1, 2022
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
Johns Hopkins at White Marsh in White Marsh, MD is hiring for a Radiology Technician.
PRN, approximately 1-2 shifts per week
Day Shift and evening shifts available
Temporary position - estimated length of assignment is 13 weeks
- Counsels patients on radiographic examinations.
- Lifts and correctly positions patients onto examination tables in order to achieve desired radiographic results.
- Determines proper technical factors such as voltage, current, exposure time, and focal distance based on patient size, physical condition and suspected pathology.
- Adjusts lead shields to protect unaffected parts of the patient's anatomy.
- Selects and loads proper film. Positions X-ray equipment at correct distance and operates equipment according to specific diagnostic procedures.
- Operates portable X-ray equipment and uses special equipment such as tomography.
- Verifies all patient films, examination requisitions and records are properly completed.
- Processes film, reloads cassettes and reviews developed film for quality.
- Checks equipment and accessories to ensure proper operation. Reports malfunctioning equipment to appropriate personnel.
- Transports patients as required.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly manner. Regularly checks to ensure adequate diagnostic supplies are available.
- High school diploma required; Associate's degree in radiologic technology is preferred.
- At least one year of experience as a Radiation Technologist.
- Certification as a Medical Radiation Technologist by the Maryland Board of Physician Quality Assurance is required.
- Certification from ARRT required.
- BLS CPR certification required.
- Work requires the ability to exchange information on factual matters, schedule appointment, greet visitors, explain medical center policies, and/or relay messages to appropriate personnel.
- Work requires occasionally using a keyboard to interact with computer system.
- Work requires lifting and/or carrying objects weighing more than 50 pounds
- Work requires pushing and/or/pulling non-motorized equipment (e.g. stretchers, supply carts, mops) weighing over 50 pounds.
- Work requires stooping and bending.
- Work requires walking and/or standing for extended periods of time.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.