Registered Nurse 1 - Medical ICU
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Rotating Shift
The Johns Hopkins Hospital Medical ICU (MICU) is a 24-bed Intensive Care Unit specializing in the care of a high acuity patient population with complex medical diagnoses. The majority of our diagnoses include, but are not limited to: end stage renal & hepatic disease, multisystem organ failure, newly diagnosed or existing autoimmune & pulmonary disorders, the critically ill antepartum/ postpartum patient, the critically ill oncology patient.
With passionate and driven leaders' support, our nurses are able to dedicate themselves to patient safety, clinical excellence, and life-long learning. Take the forward step towards success and come experience the Hopkins Way!
Shifts: 12 hour shifts with permanent day or night shifts available. Weekend Option position as well.
What Awaits You:
- Achievable and Progressive Clinical Ladder to encourage career growth and development
- Tuition Reimbursement - Up to $15,000 per year
- Dependent Child Tuition - Payment for up to 50% of child's tuition and eligible mandatory academic fees at an accredited, degree-granting institution
- Annual Bonuses - Optional Opportunity for up to $2,000 every year through acknowledgement of your professional nursing contributions AND an extra bonus for completing activities that benefit your health throughout the year!
Who Should Apply:
- BSN/MSN preferred. Associated degree candidates encouraged to apply!
- Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
(Applicants with an Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program may be considered; provided they are enrolled in an accredited BSN/MSN program within 1 year of hire and complete the degree within 5 years of hire)
***Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons and religious beliefs. Requests for medical exceptions must be submitted at your occupational health screening. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.