Registered Nurse 2: Interventional Radiology & Neuro Interventional Radiology Lab
Requisition #: 173940
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: May 5, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital - Baltimore, MD
Registered Nurse 2--Interventional Radiology & Neuro Interventional Radiology Lab
10 hour day shifts. On call requirements only for nights, holidays, and weekends.
Candidates for the Registered Nurse 2 position in the Interventional Radiology & Neuro Interventional Radiology Lab must maintain active RN licensure in the state of MD. Radiology Nurses provide care to in- and outpatients across the life spectrum undergoing studies and procedures in all imaging modalities. Care includes: IV starts, central line access, general anesthesia patient preparation, procedural sedation, management of emergency events, and maintenance of a safe patient environment.
Candidate qualifications for the Registered Nurse 2 position:
- Associate Degree candidates* from an accredited nursing program will be considered; provided they are either currently, or will be enrolled in an accredited RN to BSN program.
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree from an accredited nursing program preferred.
- Maintain active RN licensure in the state of Maryland
- The ideal candidate will possess 2 years' experience on an Intermediate Care Unit. ICU or ED experience preferred.
* If you do not currently possess a BSN or MSN degree, matriculation requirements are as follows: (a) provide proof of BSN or MSN degree program acceptance to your hiring manager within one year of hire; (B) complete the BSN or MSN degree program no later than five years from program enrollment; and (c) make steady progress toward completing the program by taking a minimum of nine credits within 12 months of initial enrollment and each year thereafter.
The Registered Nurse 2 is responsible for:
-Coordinating care for assigned patients to promote the achievement of clinical outcomes.
-Providing evidence-based patient care based on the JHH nursing process, policy, procedures.
-Participating and promoting departmental and hospital safety standards.
-Effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships with a multidisciplinary health care team
-Ability to analyze data and make judgments regarding optimal patient care.
-Practicing responsible cost-effective use of resources.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.