Registered Nurse 2: Medicine / Telemetry Unit
Requisition #: 189737
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Night Shift
Work Week: Full Time Nursing (36 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Aug. 21, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually.
New Graduate Registered Nurse: Nelson 8
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Pay Grade: RI
Join the Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated academic medical facility. Johns Hopkins nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
All new graduate nurses are automatically enrolled in the yearlong Adult or Pediatric Nurse Residency Program (NRP) to facilitate the successful transition to professional nursing practice.
- We Care by assuring continuity and patient-family centered care.
- We Influence through inter-professional collaboration, shared decision-making, and quality improvement.
- We Empower our nurses to govern their professional practice characterized by autonomy, mutual accountability, and trust.
- We Excel in clinical expertise and innovation. Our nurses have a variety advancement opportunities and possibilities for success.
Candidate qualifications for the New Graduate Registered Nurse position on Nelson 8:
- Associate Degree candidates* from an accredited nursing program will be considered; provided they are either currently, or will be enrolled in an accredited RN to BSN program.
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree from an accredited nursing program preferred.
- Maintain active RN licensure in the state of Maryland
- No RN work experience required
* If you do not currently possess a BSN or MSN degree, matriculation requirements are as follows: (a) provide proof of BSN or MSN degree program acceptance to your hiring manager prior to completing orientation/probation; (B) complete the BSN or MSN degree program no later than three years from program enrollment; and (c) make steady progress toward completing the program by taking a minimum of three courses within 12 months of initial enrollment and each year thereafter.
The New Graduate Registered Nurse is responsible for:
-Coordinating care for assigned patients to promote the achievement of clinical outcomes.
-Providing evidence-based patient care based on the JHH nursing process, policy, procedures.
-Participating and promoting departmental and hospital safety standards.
-Effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships with a multidisciplinary health care team
-Ability to analyze data and make judgments regarding optimal patient care.
-Practicing responsible cost-effective use of resources.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.