Registered Nurse 2 - Surgical Oncology - PRN - Single Unit
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Night Shift
Registered Nurse 2 - Surgical Oncology
PRN - Single Unit - Rotating
Johns Hopkins Hospital - Weinberg 4 C/D
You Belong Here!
The Johns Hopkins Hospital has been named an Honor Roll hospital in U.S. News & World Report’s 2023–24 Best Hospitals list. The U.S. News Honor Roll is composed of the 20 top-ranked hospitals in the nation among 4,500. Join the Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a patient centered collaborative work environment at a World renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Our nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital Plastics, Head & Neck, GI & Surgical Oncology Unit (Weinberg 4 C/D) 36-bed acute care unit for adult surgical patients. Care and services provided for: plastics, reconstruction after breast cancer surgery, gastrointestinal surgery for pancreatic or liver cancer, otolaryngology/ head and neck, and variety of other general surgery patients. Learn many valuable nursing skills including airway / trach management with access to continuous pulse oximetry monitoring system used for airway patients to alert nurse of any changes in oxygenation. Bedside doppler for pulse checks for plastics flap reconstruction patients. You will receive a comprehensive unit orientation and attend core Department of Surgery courses.
The charge nurse does not have a patient assignment to be available as a resource during each shift. Monday - Fridays 10:30 am - 11:00 pm an experienced nurse functions as a resource nurse. They have no patient assignment, so they are available to assist with admissions, discharges, troubleshooting, emergencies and more!
Shifts: Every 3rd weekend, 12hr. Rotating shift.
What Awaits You:
- Achievable and Progressive Clinical Ladder to encourage career growth and development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Dependent Child Tuition
- Annual Bonuses - Opportunity for a bonus in acknowledgement of your professional nursing contributions + added bonus for completing activities that benefit your health throughout the year!
- Various Career Pathways to help you achieve your goals! Whether your interests are becoming a charge nurse, an ICU RN, getting involved in quality improvement projects, supporting our community, or beyond! We have a multitude of resources and pathways to help you get there.
- Graduated from an accredited nursing program.
- Associate Degree in Nursing required.
- BSN/MSN matriculation required within one-year of hire and completion of degree within five-years of hire.
- Applicants with an Associate’s degree - JHH provides Tuition Reimbursement towards earning your BSN/MSN.
- Active Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON) or Compact State Registered Nursing license is required.
- CPR/BLS certification required.
- The ideal candidate will possess at least one-year of experience as a licensed Registered Nurse, and is proficient in Registered Nurse 1 competencies.
- Effective January 1st. 2022, if hired you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your occupational health screening. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons by following the proper protocols. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities.
- Nurses hired with an Associate’s degree in nursing must enroll in an accredited BSN/MSN program within 1 year of hire and complete the degree within 5 years of your start date.
- Authorization to Work in the United States: Applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.