Registered Nurse 2: Therapeutic Apheresis Center
Requisition #: 187452
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Sept. 16, 2019
Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. Upon joining Johns Hopkins, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join an employer that is a leader and innovator in the healthcare field.
Registered Nurse 2
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Join the Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Johns Hopkins nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
Candidate qualifications for a Registered Nurse 2 position:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 months of acute care RN work experience
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree, in nursing from an accredited School of Nursing, strongly preferred.
- Applicants with an Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited School of Nursing will be considered; provided they are either currently, or will shortly be enrolled in an accredited RN to BSN program. See note below *
- An active Maryland State or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
The Registered Nurse is responsible for:
- Coordinating care for assigned patients on a shift to promote the achievement of clinical outcomes.
- Providing direction to other team members to promote quality, safety, and excellence in care.
- Providing evidence-based patient care based on the nursing process policy, procedures, and protocols of the Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- Working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary health care team to optimize patient care outcomes.
- Participating and promoting quality clinical improvement by supporting departmental and hospital safety standards.
- Practicing and promoting responsible cost-effective use of resources.
- Completing all identified annual requirements and competencies for patient population, unit, department, and institution.
- Participating in the performance appraisal process.
- Consistently demonstrates organization’s core values
*Per JHH Nursing Policy: If you do not currently possess a BSN or MSN degree, by accepting this offer of employment, you certify your understanding of the following: (a) the requirement to provide proof of BSN or MSN degree program acceptance to your hiring manager within your first year of hire; (B) the requirement to complete the BSN or MSN degree program no later than five years from program enrollment; and (c) the requirement to make steady progress toward completing the program by taking a minimum of nine credits within 12 months of initial enrollment and each year thereafter.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.