Registered Nurse- 2P Inpatient Surgical FT Nights
Requisition #: 198234
Location: Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
Work Shift: Night Shift
Work Week: Full Time Nursing (36 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Nov. 11, 2019
The Registered Nurse (RN) is licensed by the State of Maryland through national examination for the practice of nursing. The RN is educationally prepared for competent practice at the beginning level upon graduation from an approved school of nursing. The RN’s experience, education, knowledge and abilities establish a level of competence. The RN uses specialized knowledge, judgment and skills as the basis for assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning,
implementation and evaluation of the practice of nursing. The RN manages the direct patient care of an identified patient or group of patients. The RN assumes the primary responsibility and accountability for the delivery of all patient care.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BSN is preferred for nurses hired prior to July 1, 2016.
- All nurses hired after July 1, 2016 must:
- Hold a BSN, or
- Complete a BSN program within 4 years of their hire date with steady progress toward degree completion. Steady progress is defined as a minimum of 9 credits per calendar year from the time they begin course work. RNs who are not yet enrolled in a BSN program, must apply to and be accepted into a BSN program within six months of hire, with course work to begin promptly after acceptance.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience preferred.
- Previous specialty clinical experience preferred for specialty units.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current Maryland license as RN or licensure in a compact state that allows practice in Maryland. CPR required.
- Must be able to pass all hospital competencies required for the position including but not limited to the following:
- ACLS required for the following departments: Labor and Delivery (all current Labor and Delivery nurses are to be certified by 2022), ICU, ED, PACU, IMC (SCU), Short Stay (Observation Unit), Cardiac Catheterization (Interventional Cardiovascular lab), Endoscopy, Cardiac Rehab, Infusion Services Clinic, Pulmonary Function.
- PALS required for the following departments: Pediatric ER, Pediatrics and PACU.
- NRP required for the following departments: NICU and Labor and Delivery.
- EFM required for the following departments: Nursery, Maternal Child Unit and Labor and Delivery.
- New graduates and inexperienced transfers will have up to 18 months to obtain the appropriate certification. Experienced new hires must obtain the appropriate certification within the first year of employment.
- National certification in applicable specialty preferred.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.