Registered Nurse: Neuro Critical Care Unit
Requisition #: 223083
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Feb. 19, 2020
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
The Neurosciences Critical Care Unit (NCCU) is a 24 bed critical care unit specifically for Neurosurgical and Neurology patients. You can expect to care for patients undergoing a variety of procedures and surgeries such as: craniotomies, spinal fusions and aneurysm clippings/coilings. Additionally, you would care for a spectrum of patients with neurological disorders, cerebrovascular events and status epilepticus. The staff works with medical therapies in addition to devices and integrated technology to enhance assessment skills which include: EVDs, Artic Sun ®, Pupillometry.
Shifts: 12 Hour Rotating, Day / Night, Shift
- BSN/MSN preferred. Must be from an accredited nursing program.
- Applicants with an Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program may be considered; provided they are enrolled in an accredited BSN/MSN program within 1 year of hire and complete the degree within 5 years of hire.
- Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- RN work experience required
- Ability to role model and support practices consistent with evidenced based care, guide others with plan of care, independently make clinical decisions in complex situations, and proactively assist others with patient assignment.
Join The Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a patient centered collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Our nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.