Registered Nurse - RN - Endoscopy
Requisition #: 217704
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Aug. 14, 2020
The Johns Hopkins Hospital's Endoscopy Center is an inpatient and outpatient procedural area for those requiring moderate sedation during endoscopic procedures. The Prep/PACU area is also included and nurses rotate through all parts of the care delivery process: prep, intra-op, and PACU.
Shifts: 4 10-hour Daytime shifts, which include 7a-5:30p, 8a-6:30p, 9a-7:30p. On-call is required starting 6-12 months post orientation. On call is one week (Wednesday 6:30pm-Tues 6:30 am) every three to four months.
• BSN/MSN preferred. Must be from an accredited nursing program
• Applicants with an Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program may be considered; provided they are enrolled in an accredited BSN/MSN program within 1 year of hire and complete the degree within 5 years of hire.
• Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
• BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
• 2 years of acute care RN experience required
• Ability to role model and support practices consistent with evidenced based care, guide others with plan of care, independently make clinical decisions in complex situations, and proactively assist others with patient assignment.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.