Registered Nurse RN: Supplemental Staffing Unit, Float Pool
Requisition #: 196262
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Oct. 4, 2019
Registered Nurse RN
Supplemental Staffing Unit
The Johns Hopkins Hospital's supplemental staffing unit provides you with a flexible job opportunity, great compensation and lots of professional development opportunities and resources.
We are currently seeking experienced registered nurses- RNs with a minimum of 2 years experience in an adult ICU and/ or med-surg settings. The ideal RN candidate has a broad knowledge base of various disease processes and is able to work across a continuum of care that incorporates acute, intermediate, and critical care. Our collaborative work environment includes advanced practice providers, nurse extenders, unit based support technicians and administrative staff. Join our supplemental staffing team where we believe in providing the highest quality patient centered care.
Candidate qualifications for a Registered Nurse RN position:
- Minimum of 2 years of adult acute care RN work experience (ICU and/or med-surg)
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited School of Nursing
- Applicants with an Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited School of Nursing will be considered; provided they are either currently, or will shortly be enrolled in an accredited RN to BSN program. See note below *
- An active Maryland State or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
*Per JHH Nursing Policy: If you do not currently possess a BSN or MSN degree, by accepting an offer of employment, you certify your understanding of the following: (a) the requirement to provide proof of enrollment into a BSN or MSN degree program to your hiring manager within your one year of hire date; (b) you must provide documentation of completion of at least 9 credits in 12 months until BSN or MSN degree is complete; and (c) you must provide documentation of completion of the BSN or MSN degree program within five years of hire date.
The Supplemental Staffing Unit RN is responsible for:
- Delivering competent age appropriate clinical care at the acute, IMC and critical care levels, adjusting the level of care to meet the patients clinical needs
- Coordinating care for assigned patients on a shift to promote the achievement of clinical outcomes.
- Providing direction to other team members to promote quality, safety, and excellence in care.
- Providing evidence-based patient care based on the nursing process policy, procedures, and protocols of the Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- Working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary health care team to optimize patient care outcomes.
- Participating and promoting quality clinical improvement by supporting departmental and hospital safety standards.
- Practicing and promoting responsible cost-effective use of resources.
- Completing all identified annual requirements and competencies for patient population, unit, department, and institution.
- Participating in the performance appraisal process.
- Consistently demonstrates organization’s core values
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.