Registered Nurse, Signature OB/GYN
Requisition #: 188305
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Columbia, MD 21044
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: June 20, 2019
Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. Upon joining Johns Hopkins, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join an employer that is a leader and innovator in the healthcare field.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for:
- Coordinating care for assigned patients on a shift to promote the achievement of clinical outcomes.
- Providing direct patient care based on the nursing process.
- Working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary health care team to optimize team performance.
- Promoting improvement in unit processes and cost-effective use of resources.
Knowledge of nursing process; social, behavioral, biological, and physical science. Knowledge of current health care environment.
Baccalaureate degree, or associate degree, or diploma in nursing from an accredited school of nursing.
Day, Full time (40 hours)
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Ability to analyze data to synthesize and summarize information, and make judgments regarding patient care.
- Highly effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality patient care.
- Ability to document legibly using a writing instrument.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard to input and obtain data.
Required Licensure, Certification:
Requested nurse licensure in the State of Maryland.
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases, hazardous materials, radiation, and pharmacological agents.
- Work requires standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- Work requires lifting and/or positioning patients and transporting wheelchairs, beds, and related equipment.
- Work requires manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination to perform patient care procedures.
- Work may require contact with aggressive and/or combative patients.
- Employees in this position will be required to adhere to work availability and unit scheduling requirements. This may include, but is not limited to availability status, mandatory overtime, on call, and shift work.
Johns Hopkins is a Smoke – Free campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.