Rehab Aide - Per Diem (As Needed) - White Marsh
Requisition #: 190213
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, White Marsh, MD 21162
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Limited (20 - 29)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Aug. 22, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The PM&R Rehab Rehabilitation Aide works under the direct supervision of the Inpatient or Outpatient Manager and/or Rehab Therapy Services Team Leader and the guidance of the Team Coordinator and a licensed Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist. Works collaboratively with all members of the multidisciplinary health care team and promotes improvement in service, department and hospital systems to benefit patient care. Incorporates and operationalizes the goals and objectives of the Hospital and Department at the site of care
PRN, Day Shift, Casual/On Call, 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., weekend and evening coverage required
Johns Hopkins Outpatient Rehab at White Marsh
- Six (6) months of prior experience in a PT/OT clinical setting preferred
- High School diploma
- Ability to set-up physical treatment modalities and equipment as required to perform the job. Such equipment includes but is not limited to general exercise equipment and supplies, hydrotherapy equipment, modality equipment, and operate a computer.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology, first aide, safety and therapy equipment
- Knowledge of current health care environment.
- Annual completion of required departmental training.
- Work requires the ability to exchange information on factual matters, schedule appointments, greet visitors, explain medical center policies, and/or relay messages to appropriate personnel. This type of interaction requires courtesy and tact when dealing with patients, visitors and/or medical center employees. More sensitive situations may be referred to others as appropriate
- Annual CPR Certification
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.