Rehab Team Coordinator - Odenton Outpatient Rehab
Requisition #: 179913
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Odenton, MD 21113
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Feb. 4, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Rehabilitation Team Coordinator:
- Works under the direct supervision of the Rehabilitation Therapy Services Team Leader and/or the leadership of the Inpatient or Outpatient Manager.
- Uses objective evaluation techniques to assess the physical limitations and medical condition of patients;
- Prescribes and implements a treatment program which is designed to return patients to their maximum level of function;
- Develops the service's patient care to meet the standards of care;
- Works collaboratively with all members of the multidisciplinary health care team to maximize patient and team outcomes;
- Promotes improvement in service, department and hospital systems to benefit patient care;
- Incorporates and operationalizes the goals and objectives of the Hospital at the site of care;
- Mentors others to promote quality and excellence of care;
- Coordinators patient care activities on the service;
Full-time, Day Shift
Work Location: Odenton, MD
Pay Grade: CO
Completion of a Bachelor of Science, Master's Degree or Doctorate in Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, or Speech Language Pathology from an accredited academic program.
Licensure from Maryland State Board of Examiners.
Current AHA Healthcare Provider CPR
Two (2) years of experience as a licensed Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Language Pathologist. 3 years preferred.
Knowledge of basic social, behavioral, biological and physical science as required by academic program;
Knowledge of therapy foundation and theory, evaluation and treatment techniques, research and application, leadership and management as required by the academic program;
Knowledge of current healthcare environment;
Annual completion of required departmental and/or service competency learning materials;
- Ability to use highly developed communication and interpersonal skills in interactions with patients and families, coworkers and the entire healthcare team;
- Ability to gather, analyze, interpret, summarize and document data using technolgy for effective clinical decision making in patient evaluation and treatment;
- Ability to gather, analyze, interpret, summarize and document data using technology for effective program development/management, performance improvement, performance management and clinical teaching;
- Ability to apply knowledge and theory in clinical practice;
- Ability to manage time effectively;
- Ability to promote positivity in all working relationships;
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.