Rehabilitation Tech- Physical Medicine & Rehab
Requisition #: 197719
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Nov. 12, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The PM&R Rehab Tech: Works under the direct supervision of the Inpatient Manager and/or Rehab Therapy services Team Leader with the guidance of the Team Coordinator and licensed Physical Therapist/ Occupational Therapist. This role will work primarily with adult acute care. Works closely with all members of the multidisciplinary health care team and promotes improvement in service, department, and hospital systems to benefit patient care Incorporates the goals and operational objectives of the Hospital and department at the site of care. Proactively responds to the clinic, department, and patient needs. Organizes treatment modalities and equipment. Such equipment includes general exercise equipment and supplies, mobility and modality equipment. Anticipates patient and therapist needs, and notifies therapists of adverse responses. Identifies incorrect deliveries or physical problems within clinical areas, alerts managers, and presents a plan of action. Participates in the identification of organizational system issues and contributes to the problem-solving process.
Full-time, Day Shift, 40 hours per week, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., weekend work required
Johns Hopkins Hospital
East Baltimore Campus
- Six (6) months of prior experience in a PT/OT clinical setting preferred
- High School diploma
- Ability to set-up physical treatment modalities and equipment as required to perform the job. Such equipment includes but is not limited to general exercise equipment and supplies, hydrotherapy equipment, modality equipment, and operate a computer.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology, first aide, safety and therapy equipment
- Knowledge of current health care environment.
- Annual completion of required departmental training.
- Work requires the ability to exchange information on factual matters, schedule appointments, greet visitors, explain medical center policies, and/or relay messages to appropriate personnel. This type of interaction requires courtesy and tact when dealing with patients, visitors and/or medical center employees. More sensitive situations may be referred to others as appropriate
- Annual Healthcare Provider CPR Certification
"Johns Hopkins Hospital is a Smoke Free Campus"
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.