Research Coordinator (Part-time)
Requisition #: 184850
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20001
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Limited (20 - 29)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: July 16, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
General Summary: CAPRES was created to facilitate and highlight the research element of the JHM tripartite mission in the JHM hospitals in the National Capital Corridor – Suburban Hospital, Sibley Memorial Hospital, and Howard County General Hospital. CAPRES mission is to create an environment for research activities within the 3 hospitals by providing local infrastructure, access to JHM resources, expert staff, and research subjects.
The Research Program Coordinator will work with multiple Principal Investigators to perform the responsibilities inherent in clinical research studies. The Research Program Coordinator is a specialized research professional working with and under the direction of the clinical Principal Investigator (PI). While the Principal Investigator is primarily responsible for the overall design, conduct, and management of the clinical trial, the coordinator supports, facilitates and coordinates the daily clinical trial activities, and plays a critical role in the conduct of the study.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study. A minimum of a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Certification as a Clinical Research Professional desired.
- Requires a minimum of two to three years’ experience in clinical trials/medical research comparable to overseeing the administrative and scientific implementation of research protocol(s) for complex and/or multiple research studies.
- Experience in clinical research at an academic, government, or pharmaceutical industry environment preferred.
- Experience in regulatory affairs, clinical trials, project management, & teambuilding preferred.
PART-TIME - 20 HOURS PER WEEK
Sibley Memorial Hospital provides a smoke-free workplace.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.