Respiratory Associate Specialist-NS
Requisition #: 181631
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Night Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: July 2, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Respiratory Associate Specialist provides shift oversight and clinical support. Responsible for shift-to-shift assessments and delegation of work assignments to all respiratory core teams. Core responsibilities include, but not limited to: all competencies in more than one core team; clinical preceptor; equipment super user; clinical practice go-to person, educator at the bedside; high acuity patient rounds; low volume-high risk therapy oversight. Supports operational and clinical safety and other strategic initiatives approved by the department director.
Full Time, Night Shift, 40 hours per week
4 days a week / two 8 hour shifts (7:00 pm – 3:30 am) and two 12 hour shifts (7:00 pm – 7:30 am)
Weekend Work: every third weekend; no more than every other
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Respiratory Therapy / Respiratory S P
- Minimum of one year full time experience, more is preferred
- Previous leadership experience in another profession, or demonstrated leadership skills in a shift lead/charge role is desirable
- Service excellence skills, clinical assessment skills, active professional engagement are critical to success in the position.
- Associates degree in respiratory therapy or closely related field is required with active coursework in a bachelor's degree program, and a designated completion date. Bachelor's degree in respiratory therapy or closely related field preferred. Must be a graduate of an AMA approved school of Respiratory Therapy
- Must have current AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications and remain current during employment.
Registration by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) is required. Must have and maintain an active Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license by the Maryland State Board of Physicians.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.