Respiratory Care Practitioner - ADV (Neonatal/Pediatric)NS
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Night Shift
***** $10,000.00 Sign on Bonus *****
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Req #: 623612
Location: 1800 Orleans st, Baltimore MD, 21287
Full Time: 36 hours per week
Weekend work required
Respiratory Therapist uses use the knowledge of concepts related to Respiratory Care to evaluate and recommend the appropriate treatment for patients with cardiopulmonary compromise in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and Inpatient Pediatric General Care Units. As a Pediatric Respiratory Care Practitioner, the staff is trained to exclusively work in either the PICU and Pediatric General Care Units (Pediatric core staff), the NICU (NICU core staff), or are cross-trained to work in all areas of the Children's Center (PICU, NICU and Pediatric General Care). All RCPs will demonstrate competency in setting up, operating, delivering, and discontinuing medical gas therapy, humidity therapy, aerosol therapy, hyperinflation therapy, bronchial hygiene therapy, invasive and non-invasive mechanical ventilation, emergency care/resuscitation, and airway management to patients with cardiopulmonary complications. Builds relationships with other members of the healthcare team and participates in the realization of each patient's multidisciplinary plan of care. Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience preferred.
- Associates Degree in Respiratory Care from a (COARC) accredited Respiratory Therapy Program required. Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Care from a (COARC) accredited Respiratory Therapy Program preferred.
- Must possess sufficient knowledge of cardiopulmonary pathophysiology and its relation to the practice of respiratory care.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the application of theoretical principles to the initiation, maintenance, and discontinuation of all respiratory care modalities and related equipment as gained in a COARC approved respiratory care program.
- Requires the aptitude to be trained and the knowledge to apply all equipment and therapeutic modalities used in respiratory care. As a Pediatric RCP must demonstrate knowledge, skills and abilities to be trained as an Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) Specialist
- Effective 1/1/99 PICU trained practitioners hired after this date must be competent and capable of delivery of all Pediatric Respiratory care modalities including ECMO, blood gas laboratory techniques and maintenance procedures.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (R.R.T.) required of all new hires. Maryland State License Required.
- CPR Certification and B.L.S. required. All credentials must be maintained with active status. A.C.L.S. preferred.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.