Respiratory Therapist -PRN
Requisition #: 2110
Location: Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Week: Temporary Part Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Feb. 25, 2021
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD is hiring for Respiratory Therapists.
PRN schedule - day and night shifts available
- Responsible for the administration of all respiratory care modalities, that include the following:
- Invasive and non-invasive mechanical ventilation
- Inhaled medication administration
- Administration of medical gases
- Humidity therapy
- Airway management
- Bronchial hygiene/airway clearance
- Chest tube management (NICU Only)
- Blood gas management
- Intra-hospital transport
- Responsible for rendering comprehensive assessments to patients with cardiopulmonary compromise including clinical pathways and interpreting patient data to make evidence-based recommendations for continued care.
- Responsible for clinical patient electronic health record management including clinical documentation, billing, and hand-off.
- Minimum of Associates degree required; Bachelors degree preferred.
- Maryland License required
- BLS CPR required
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (R.R.T.) required
- Must have knowledge of respiratory care and related equipment as gained in a J.R.C.T.E. approved respiratory care program and 3-6 months of experience
- Requires the aptitude to be trained and the knowledge to apply all equipment used in respiratory care
- Proficiency in the use and clinical application of equipment includes the following: mechanical ventilators, extra corporeal membrane oxygenation systems (ECMO) surfactant administration; jet and oscillation ventilation equipment; all nebulization; oxygen, mixed gas systems and administration, positive and negative pressure apparatus cardio pulmonary resuscitation airway management systems and equipment and any appropriate equipment used to treat patients with cardio-pulmonary diseases.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.