Revenue Integrity Program Director
Requisition #: 298563
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Oct. 23, 2020
The Revenue Integrity Program Director provides strategic direction and oversight of various revenue cycle functions to ensure the integrity of the organizations revenue for both hospital and professional billing. This includes revenue optimization, prevention of revenue leakage and direction and oversight related to charge capture, charge reconciliation and other reimbursement matters. This positon provides direction to a team to provide education, auditing, monitoring and support of various revenue functions. Direction of compliant, transparent & defensible pricing for new and existing services. Performs reporting and analysis of revenue related data and supports revenue related process improvement. Provides oversite and direction of charge description master and physician fee schedules. This position provides expertise as it relates to billing and coding compliance for new and existing services, while ensuring compliance with organizational, federal, state & third party requirements.
Work Hours: 8:30am -5:00pm
Work Location: St. Petersburg, FL
- Bachelor’s degree in required, Master’s preferred
- Minimum ten years of experience in hospital healthcare, finance, revenue integrity, revenue cycle operations accounting or related field. Two years related specific to hospital and physician revenue integrity work.
- Minimum five to seven years of progressive management experience, which can include leading and building a team or management of a team.
- Coding certification (CPC, CCS, CCS-P, COC), or certification in auditing/healthcare compliance required or related course. Will consider obtaining relevant certification within 6 months of being hired.
- Experience with a progressive focus on charge to payment relationships and patient account functions and understanding of healthcare financing and reimbursement mechanisms (DRGs, EAPGs, CCI, MUE)
- Experience with clinical documentation and coding, including strong knowledge around CPT, HCPCS, ICD10-CM/PCS, revenue codes and code assignment
- Strong quantitative, analytic and problem solving skills,
- Advanced use of Excel (i.e. sorting, pivot tables, graphs, etc.).
- Ability to plan, develop, present data/materials to an audience, including senior leaders and executives
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple priorities of highly detailed information
- EPIC Proficiency or certifications preferred
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong understanding of laws and regulations as they pertain to coding, billing, and pricing transparency
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.