RN Case Manager Discharge Planner-Weekend PRN
- Requisition #:
- Suburban Hospital, Bethesda, MD 20814
- Allied Health/Clinical Professional
- Day Shift
Suburban Hospital is a 228-bed, not-for-profit, community-based hospital in Bethesda, Maryland. Suburban Hospital is a member of Johns Hopkins Medicine and has served Montgomery County and the surrounding area for more than 65 years. The designated trauma center for Montgomery County, Suburban Hospital is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and has earned ANCC Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence.
This is a prn weekend position; every Saturday and Sunday.
· Provides efficient resource utilization to assure optimal clinical quality and financial outcomes in accordance with Utilization Management Committee guidelines, the Utilization Management Plan, and federal & state regulations.
· Experienced and knowledge of Medicare regulations. Experienced with Discharges such as SNF, Homecare, Uninsured, LTAC, and acute rehab.
· The Care Manager works under the supervision of the Department Director and Assistant Director of Care Coordinators providing coordination of care for the patients in Suburban Hospital promoting the use of the right resources, at the right time and at the right level of care.
· Utilizing a collaborative process in conjunction with Care Management Coordinator, Social Workers and other health care team members, the Care manager will assess, plan, implement and evaluate the options and services required to meet an individual's health and health related needs.
· The Care Manager serves as an advocate for the patient, family and organization to promote quality, cost effective outcomes. Active participation in program development and process improvement efforts is an expectation of the role of the Care Manager.
Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland. Graduate of an accredited Nursing program.
Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master degree preferred.
Minimum of 2-5 years clinical experience in acute care setting along with one or more years’ experience Care Coordination performing discharge planning from the inpatient or skilled facility setting.
Current CPR Certification required.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.