RN Case Manager-Full Time
Requisition #: 206983
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Dec. 18, 2019
Works collaboratively with all members of the health care team to coordinate, facilitate, and manage the clinical, financial, and patient flow activities of assigned patients. Has the authority and responsibility to address all related patient care issues. Performs a wide variety of patient care activities to include screening assessment, monitoring of patient care activities, development of a plan to address physical and psychosocial needs, review care paths and update with the health care team as needed, coordinate services and discharge planning, and coordinate patient/family teaching. Demonstrates clinical expertise as well as an understanding of systems theory and its impact upon the change process in order to provide a complex level of intervention.
1. Screens all inpatients for clinical, psychosocial, financial and operational factors which may affect the progression of care; through the use of identification criteria, will stratify patients’ at risk/barriers/strengths to determine need of case management services
2. Reviews and ensures the plan is clinically appropriate and matches the patient’s care needs and is consistent with patient choice and available resources
3. Ensures consults, testing and procedures are sequenced in a manner which is appropriate to the patient’s clinical condition and supports timely and efficient care delivery
4. Actively intervenes and resolves/escalates where barriers to service exist
5. Identifies patients with post-acute needs including those at risk for readmission and prioritizes as well as intervenes as needed
6. For those patients at risk for readmission, case management will apply interventions to proactively prevent readmissions; evaluates those who are readmitted to identify and implement strategies for improvement
7. Ensures the development of a safe and effective plan of care through early identification and thorough assessment of the patient’s needs and identify available resources
8. Utilizes an organizationally defined escalation process to refer facets of the care plan beyond the control or influence of the team
9. Elicits and incorporates the realistic expectations of patients/family/caregiver health care team members and payers in the planning process
- BSN with active Florida licensure
- 2 years of experience in acute care setting
- Written and computer skills to include accurate typing skills, proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel, electronic medical record, and other clinical platforms
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.