RN Case Manager
Requisition #: 186956
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Part Time (30 - 39)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 7, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Works collaboratively with all members of the health care team to coordinate, facilitate, and manage the clinical, financial, and patient flow activities of assigned patients. Has the authority and responsibility to address all related patient care issues. Performs a wide variety of patient care activities to include screening assessment, monitoring of patient care activities, development of a plan to address physical and psychosocial needs, review care paths and update with the health care team as needed, coordinate services and discharge planning, and coordinate patient/family teaching. Demonstrates clinical expertise as well as an understanding of systems theory and its impact upon the change process in order to provide a complex level of intervention.
- Screens all inpatients for clinical, psychosocial, financial and operational factors which may affect the progression of care; through the use of identification criteria, will stratify patients’ at risk/barriers/strengths to determine need of case management services
- Reviews and ensures the plan is clinically appropriate and matches the patient’s care needs and is consistent with patient choice and available resources
- Ensures consults, testing and procedures are sequenced in a manner which is appropriate to the patient’s clinical condition and supports timely and efficient care delivery
- Actively intervenes and resolves/escalates where barriers to service exist
- Identifies patients with post-acute needs including those at risk for readmission and prioritizes as well as intervenes as needed
- For those patients at risk for readmission, case management will apply interventions to proactively prevent readmissions; evaluates those who are readmitted to identify and implement strategies for improvement
- Ensures the development of a safe and effective plan of care through early identification and thorough assessment of the patient’s needs and identify available resources
- Utilizes an organizationally defined escalation process to refer facets of the care plan beyond the control or influence of the team
- Elicits and incorporates the realistic expectations of patients/family/caregiver health care team members and payers in the planning process
- BSN with active Florida licensure
- 2 years of experience in acute care setting
- Written and computer skills to include accurate typing skills, proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel, electronic medical record, and other clinical platforms
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) pounds without assistance
- __X__ Category 1: Job classification is exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
- Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock
- Ability to work in confined area
- Frequent moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, light traffic)
- Answer phones and communicate with department staff in the setting of moderate background noise
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.