(RN) Clinical Coordinator - 2S Orthopedic Surgery Unit FT Day
Requisition #: 272403
Location: Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
Category: Nursing Management/Leadership
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Sept. 2, 2020
The Clinical Coordinator is a registered nurse with demonstrated clinical and management skills who is accountable and responsible for maintaining the standards of care, coordinating operations, and supervising personnel. Another important function is the ability to work in a collaborative manner with the providers, shift directors and admission resource managers to facilitate timely patient care considering resources, patient care needs, and quality, safe care.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- BSN required. Those hired prior to July 1, 2016 will be grandfathered. Internal hires, prior to July 1, 2018 must enroll in a BSN program within 6 months of starting the position, starting course work promptly after acceptance. The BSN program must be completed within 4 years of their hire date with steady progress toward degree completion. Steady progress is defined as a minimum of 9 credits per calendar year from the time they begin course work. All hires after July 1, 2018 must have a completed BSN.
- At least one (1) year experience in direct patient care with current and previous experience in applicable clinical specialty preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year management experience preferred.
LICENCES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the State of Maryland.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current ACLS certification, if required for department of hire.
- Nationally recognized certification in nursing administration and/or an appropriate specialty preferred.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.