(RN) Clinical Education Program Manager - 4S Med/Surg/Oncology
Requisition #: 208748
Location: Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
Category: Nursing Management/Leadership
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Limited (20 - 29)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Jan. 13, 2020
The Clinical Education Program Manager assesses the educational needs of nursing staff for a specific unit or area of specialty and works closely with management team to develop and implement programs to meet those needs. Is involved in all aspects of staff development to include orientation and continuing education. Serves as a resource to staff and managers in regard to patient care standards for area of clinical specialty. Adjusts schedule as needed in order to provide supervision and guidance to new staff on off-shifts. Participates on multidisciplinary committees to complete projects/procedures that affect direct patient care. Participates in implementing strategic hospital and department initiatives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree preferred. Qualified applicants can be placed in the position if they agree to complete a MSN; must apply to and be accepted into a MSN program within six months, with course work to begin promptly after acceptance. Steady progress toward degree completion is defined as a minimum of 9 credits per calendar year from the time course work begins.
- BSN is required.
- At least five years of experience in the practice specialty is required.
- Experience in nursing/staff education preferred.
LICENCES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the State of Maryland.
- Certification in clinical area of specialty preferred (OCN); if not current, will seek certification within two (2) years of hire.
- Certification in advanced life support specific to area of clinical specialty required (ACLS, PALS, or NRP).
- Nationally recognized certification in an appropriate specialty preferred.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.