RN Clinical Nurse Emergency Center - Part Time Nights (7p-7a)
Requisition #: 186723
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Night Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: May 14, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Provides patient centered, specialized, evidence based nursing care across the continuum through an interprofessional approach to treatment, research, education and advocacy. This position contributes to the goals of the department by being accountable for the delivery of compassionate and safe care within the scope of practice as defined by the Florida Board of Nursing and JHACH policy. Through collaborative practice with all members of the care team, this role is responsible for patient outcomes that meet the high quality of care provided by JHACH. The professional practice of nursing at JHACH involves the promotion of a culture of innovation and a commitment to academic growth and professional development.
1. Utilizes the nursing process, evidence based practice and unit specific competencies to assess the physical condition and nursing needs of patients and develop a plan of care in a collaborative practice with the interprofessional team
2. Plans for the total care needs of the patient in collaboration with the interprofessional team to provide the hightest quality of care and clinical outcomes
3. Demonstrates clinical expertise in the provision of care in the clinical specialty of assigned unit with the ability to perform all functions of the professional clinical nurse (RN) that is age appropriate developmentally sensitive and culturally specific in order to maintain balance within the unit
4. Identifies ways to improve the patient's experience of care, streamline care processes and lower costs, while not jepordizing quality to improve patient, family and staff satisfaction
5. Maintains a work environment that is highly supportive of a professional role to retain expert nurses.
6. Provides consultation and maintains positive relationships with physicians and other interprofessional team members, collaborating to problem solve and improve patient care
7. Demonstrates the ability to reduce as well as manage risks and or prevent crises
8. Performs skillfully in life threatening emergencies including matching demands and resources during crises situations
• Current Florida RN Licensure
• Greater than one year of experience in an acute care setting after completion of orientation
• Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) required for external hires within 36 months of hire date.
• BLS, ACLS, AND PALS Required.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.