RN Clinical Nurse - IMG (Per Diem)
Requisition #: 189129
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, Bradenton, FL 34201
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Limited (20 - 29)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: July 12, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
With the strategic initiative of regionalization, Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital looks to extend their brand and quality of health care services provided to serve children's health care needs in a variety of locations, environments and settings. This position is essential in order to provide clinic services to the residents of IMG Academy as well as campus visitors and employees.
The RN will provide routine care to campus student athletes, adult visitors and employees of IMG Academy. They will triage health care complaints and intervene based on sound nursing judgement and appropriate protocol implementation. This RN will work as a crucial member of a healthcare team, needing to communicate assessment findings to appropriate personnel to assure quality patient outcomes. Additionally this RN will support the students/clients in health promotion strategies indicative of physical and psychological wellness. This RN will consistently represent JHACH in a professional manner, exemplifying trust, teamwork, integrity and communication inherent of our culture.
Provides patient centered, specialized, evidence based nursing care across the continuum through an inter-professional approach to treatment, research, education and advocacy. Contributes to the goals of the department by being accountable for the delivery of compassionate and safe care within the scope of practice as defined by the Florida Board of Nursing and JHACH policy. Through collaborative practice with all members of the care team, is responsible for patient outcomes that meet the high quality of care provided by JHACH. The professional practice of nursing at JHACH involves the promotion of a culture of innovation and a commitment to academic growth and professional development.
- Utilizes the nursing process, evidence based practice and unit specific competencies to assess the physical condition and nursing needs of patients and develop a plan of care in a collaborative practice with the inter-professional team.
- Plans for the total care needs of the patient in collaboration with the inter-professional team to provide the highest quality of care and clinical outcomes.
- Demonstrates clinical expertise in the provision of care in the clinical specialty of assigned unit with the ability to perform all functions of the professional clinical nurse (RN) which are age appropriate, developmentally sensitive, and culturally specific in order to maintain balance within the unit.
- Identifies ways to improve the patient’s experience of care, streamline care processes and lower costs, while not jeopardizing quality to improve patient, family and staff satisfaction.
- Maintains a work environment that is highly supportive of a professional role to retain expert nurses.
- Provides consultation and maintains positive relationships with physicians and other inter-professional team members, collaborating to problem solve and to improve patient care.
- Demonstrates the ability to reduce as well as manage risks and or prevent crises.
- Performs skillfully in life threatening emergencies, matching demands and resources during crises situations.
- Current Florida RN Licensure.
- Greater than one year of experience in an acute care setting (following completion of orientation), for employee health must have a minimum of two years’ experience in occupational / employee heath.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) required for external hires within 36 months of hire date.
- BLS Required
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of Fifty (50) pounds without assistance.
- __X__ Category 1: Job classification is exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties.
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination to perform patient care procedures.
- Frequent exposure to sharp objects and instruments.
- Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
- Occasional high noise level in work environment.
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases, hazardous materials, and pharmacological agents.
- Occasional contact with aggressive and or combative patients
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.