Nursing Professional Development Specialist -Pediatric Medicine
Requisition #: 530663
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 9, 2022
NUrsing Professional Development Specialist - Pediatric Medicine
Responsible for the development and implementation of clinical education, patient safety, and assessment activities at the unit level, or within the Department of Clinical Education. Is involved in all aspects of staff development, including orientation and continuing education. Serves as a resource to staff and nursing leadership in regard to patient care standards for area of clinical specialty. Acts as a liaison to assist front line clinician content specialists in the design and implementation of educational curricula, patient safety, and assessment activities.
• Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) required. Masters of Science Nursing (MSN) or related field preferred
• Current State of Florida RN license required.
• 5 years' experience in pediatric or neonatal nursing required.
• Experience in nursing education preferred.
• Specialty nursing certification or Epic Credentialed Trainer required. Note: Epic Credentialed Trainer may be required based on the needs of the unit/department.
• Simulation Instructor training required within one year of hire.
• Formal training in educational theory, instructional design, or teaching strategies preferred.
• Previous clinical, research, patient safety, and/or teaching experience preferred.
• Experience in designing and implementing educational programs preferred.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.