RN - Float Pool - PRN
Requisition #: 191116
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20001
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Aug. 8, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Float Pool RN is a Registered Nurse hired in to the central Float Pool Department and is assigned to the unit or department in need of supplemental nursing coverage for the shift. The Float Pool RN is responsible to adhere to all duties, responsibilities and annual competencies required of the RN II.
The Float Pool RN leads a team of multi-skilled patient care providers in the delivery of outcome oriented, safe, therapeutic, and cost effective care. Identifies patient needs based on professional knowledge and medical plan of care. Establishes individualized outcome measures for each patient’s care. Delegates interventions based on critical thinking skills and a knowledge of the competencies of each team member. Coordinates care to maximize desirable outcomes, patient satisfaction, and cost effective utilization of available personnel and resources. Serves as a representative of the hospital and as a clinical role model in all interactions with patients, family, visitors, physicians, and other staff members.
Float Pool RNs must choose a clinical service area in which they work and must meet the requirements for their chosen area.
1. The areas and requirements are as follows:
• CRITICAL CARE - must be competent to work ICU, ACC, and one of the following areas: ED, PACU, Interventional Radiology, or Outpatient Recovery
• MEDICAL SURGICAL – must be competent to work ALL areas listed: Adult Medical-Surgical (7A, 7B), Oncology (5A), Orthopedics (6B), Behavioral Health (7W) and the Renaissance Skilled Nursing Facility
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia.
- Graduation from an accredited program for Registered Nurses.
- Minimum of 12 contact hours per year through an accredited provider.
- Minimum of two (2) years of continuous current full-time employment as an RN in an acute care setting (or equivalent).
- Current BLS (and ACLS if applicable).
Float Pool PRN RNs must schedule themselves and are expected to commit to the following minimum scheduling requirements:
2. 48 hours in a 4-week schedule
3. Four (4) weekend shifts in a 4-week schedule
4. Weekend shifts are: Friday / Saturday / Sunday P (7p-7a) or N (11p-7a) shift; Saturday / Sunday A (7a-7p) or D (7a-3p) shift
5. Float Pool PRN staff may be asked to be On-Call for hospital needs
Sibley Memorial Hospital provides a smoke-free workplace.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.