RN - NICU (Full time, 7p to 7a)
Requisition #: 520703
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Night Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: May 11, 2022
$5000 Sign on bonus for qualified candidates
97 bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) meets American Academy of Pediatric Level IV NICU.
The RN II is responsible for:
• Providing patient centered, specialized nursing care across the continuum through an interprofessional approach to treatment, research, education, and advocacy.
• Coordinating care for assigned patients on a shift to promote the achievement of clinical outcomes.
• Providing direction to other team members to promote quality, safety, and excellence in care.
• Providing evidence-based patient care based on the nursing process policy, procedures, and protocols of the Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital.
• Working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary health care team to optimize patient care outcomes.
• Participating and promoting quality clinical improvement by supporting departmental and hospital safety standards.
• Practicing and promoting responsible cost-effective use of resources.
• Completing all identified annual requirements and competencies for patient population, unit, department, and institution.
• Participating in the performance appraisal process.
• Consistently demonstrating organization's core values.
• Baccalaureate degree, in nursing from an accredited School of Nursing, preferred. Applicants with an Associate Degree in nursing will be considered and must obtain BSN within 36 months of hire
• Registered Nurse (RN) Required. Florida State or Compact License required
• A minimum of one year of experience as a licensed Registered Nurse
• BLS certification provided by AHA, other certifications as required by home department. All credentials must be maintained with active status.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.