RN - Professional Development Specialist - Critical Care
Requisition #: 188631
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20001
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: June 26, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Nursing Professional Development Specialist – Critical Care professional development and education to assist staff in preparing for contemporary practice and support in acquiring the evidence-based knowledge and skills needed to competently care for tele-ICU acute/critical care patients. She/he facilitates bridging the gap between research and evidence-based practice ensuring quality and safe patient care both directly and indirectly. She/he participates in the assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating activities associated with comprehensive unit-based, specialty-based, and hospital-wide educational needs.Licensure as a Registered Nurse (R.N.) in the District of Columbia.
- Master’s degree in nursing or related discipline preferred or must be matriculated into a master’s program within nine months of employment.
- Certification as a Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) required or obtained within 9 months of hire.
- At least three to five years of recent tele/ICU/critical care nursing experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a R.N. in unit specialty.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate a caring demeanor toward others.
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and collaboratively with others.
- Proficient computer skills related to traditional business management functions including Microsoft Office Programs.
- Certification in CPR and ACLS required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience teaching experienced/inexperience or nursing staff and nursing students.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.