RN Professional Development Specialist - Medical-Surgical
Requisition #: 517564
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20016
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: April 22, 2022
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Professional Development Specialist (Educator) provides professional development and education to assist staff in preparing for contemporary practice and support in acquiring the evidence-based knowledge and skills needed to competently care for med/surg and musculoskeletal patients. She/he facilitates bridging the gap between research and evidence-based practice ensuring quality and safe patient care both directly and indirectly. She/he participates in the assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating activities associated with comprehensive unit-based and hospital-wide nursing educational needs.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse (R.N.) in the District of Columbia.
- Master’s degree in nursing or related discipline preferred or must be matriculated into a master’s program within 9 months of employment.
- Board-Certification within specialty preferred or acquired within 9 months of employment.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a R.N. in unit specialty.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate a caring demeanor toward others.
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and collaboratively with others.
- Proficient computer skills related to traditional business management functions including Microsoft Office Programs.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.